Register to Attend FINCEN Required Anti-Money Laundering Training Webinar
FAMP and the FAMB Education Foundation have partnered to offer FAMP members access to training on the Anti-Money Laundering Program (AML) requisites that satisfy the rules & regulations of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Join us on Wednesday, April 8, 2020 from 2pm to 3pm to receive your required training...cost is only $25 per member and $50 per non-member!
The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) requires nonbank residential mortgage lenders and originators (RMLOs) to establish anti-money laundering (AML) programs and to file suspicious activity reports (SARs). Under the rule, companies are statutorily required to insure that their employees undergo appropriate training on an annual basis.
- The History of AML Requirements
- An overview of the 5 pillars of an AML compliance program
- Objectives of an effective AML compliance program
- A review of AML Examination Findings
- Role of AML programs and SARs in fighting mortgage fraud and preventing losses
- Indicators of suspicious activity specific to FinCEN and RMLOs
- Role and responsibility of the AML Compliance Officer
- What triggers a SAR filing and how and when to file a SAR
- Timing and confidentiality requirements of SARs
- Risks and penalties for violating BSA/AML requirements
- Nonbank residential mortgage lenders and originators
- Mortgage fraud specialists at nonbank RMLOs
- Operations, sales, compliance, internal audit, management, legal personnel
- All personnel who have contact with the consumer
Cost for this webinar is $25 for Members and $50 for non-members.